IB ACIO Recruitment 2017: The Intelligence Bureau of India is an internal intelligence agency, which was formerly known as Central Intelligence Bureau in 1947 under the Ministry of Home Affairs and currently continues to be under Ministry of Home affairs.
Rajiv Jain is current director of Intelligence Bureau, holding the position since 1st January 2017 and took over the reins from Dineshwar Sharma on 1st January 2017.He is 1980 batch police officer from Jharkhand Cadre.It is also good to know about organization you are planning to join the IB ACIO Recruitment 2017.
Responsibilities-The main responsibility of IB is to garner intelligence from within India related to internal security and then execute counter intelligence and counter-terrorism, they are always shrouded in secrecy. The Bureau employees are generally from law enforcement agencies like IRS (Indian Revenue Services), Military and IPS (Indian Police services). Director of Intelligence Bureau are mostly from Indian Police Services Back ground.
Apart from countries internal intelligence they are also entrusted with intelligence collection from border areas post Himmat Singh Ji committee recommendation in 1951 taking over from military intelligence. Till 1968, before the formation of Research and Analysis Wing, all intelligence garnering duties included, internal, border as well as neighborhood activities.
Activities-It’s a very secretive organization, and largely unknown to most of the other Govt. departments and private organization of our country, many times family members are not aware of their whereabouts. They act as a catalyst and pass on threat intelligence to various other security agencies and police. Their activity also includes security clearance to VIPs, diplomats and prospective judges taking an oath, they have been given special power to tap and intercepts mails as well as conducting wiretapping without warrant.
Hierarchy structure of IB
DIG or Director Intelligence Bureau, its four star ranking equivalent to Senior Most Indian Police service officers, then we have special director equivalent to Director General of Police, as today we want to not only understand Hierarchy but IB ACIO 2017 recruitment requirement for the post of Assistant Central Intelligence officer, who are equivalent Deputy Superintendent of Police and report to Deputy Central Intelligence officer.
Recruitment Drive for IB ACIO 2017
Recently IB has announced regarding 1430 IB ACIO vacancies in the organization, it’s a prestigious organizational opening for applicants, who would love to serve IB that is led by Ministry of Home affairs. Notification on IB ACIO Recruitment 2017 is given in their website http://mha.nic.in.
Date of Application on online portal-12.08.2017 and last date of submission of application would be 02.09.2017
- Visit Official Website of the Intelligence Bureau at www.mha.nic.in.
- Check the IB ACIO Recruitment 2017 Notification / Click on the link provided on this page.
- Read all the details carefully.
- If eligible, Download Application./ Download it from the below link on this page.
- Fill the Application in Prescribed manner.
- Recheck the application Form.
- Pay the Application Fee.
Total Vacancy- 1300 vacancy (for unreserved, Other Backward caste, Schedule caste and Schedule Tribe). 130 Vacancy (for Ex-servicemen). Total vacancy 1430.
Pay scale-Rs. 9300-34800 plus Grade Pay Rs. 4200 (PB-2) Plus admissible Central Govt allowances. [Under revision as per the recommendations of 7th C.P.C.]
Criteria and qualification- As per the notification, it is recommended that candidate who love IB job and have below pre-requisite for applying
Essentials-Graduate in any specialization from any Institute / College / Universities in India.
Desirable – computer knowledge.
Age Limit- 18-27 years,
- Upper age limit- Relaxable by 5 years for Schedule Caste / Schedule Tribe and by 3 years for Other backward classes.
- Upper age limit for departmental candidate- It is up to 40 years, who have rendered 3 years of regular and continuous service.
- General candidate, Schedule caste / schedule tribe Widows, Divorced widows, Judicially separated women and have not re-married- Age limit is relaxable up to 35 years for general category, 40 years for rest of the applicants.
- Age limit of Ex-servicemen, for candidates who were domiciled in J&K from 1.1.1980 to 31.12.89 as well as the children and dependent of victims of communal rights of 2002 in Gujarat as per Govt instruction in this regard issued from time to time
- The above mentioned posts are not reserved for any category of physically handicapped (HH, OH, VH) persons. Hence, they NEED NOT apply.
- The number of vacancies is provisional and liable to change.
- The appointment to the post will be temporary.
- However, appointment in permanent capacity will depend on various factors governing permanent appointment in such posts in force at that time.
- Successful completion of training is mandatory for confirmation to the post of ACIO-II/Exe.
- The eligibility of the candidates in terms of age, educational qualification, caste/category etc. will be determined on the closing date. The candidate must be Graduate or equivalent from a recognized university on or before the closing date, i.e., the final result must be out on or before the closing date, i.e. 2.9.2017 (till 2359 hours) and he/she must have been declared successful in it.
SERVICE LIABILITY: The post involves All India Service liability. Therefore, the candidates willing to serve anywhere in India only need to apply.
EXAMINATION METHEDOLOGY for IB ACIO Recruitment 2017
Tier 1- This will involve objective type multi choice questions divided to four parts containing 25 questions of I marks each on General awareness, Quantitative aptitude, Logical/analytical ability and English language. Total marks would be 100 and time allotted for completion is 60 minutes.
Tier 2-Descriptive type: Essay on one of the given topics (30 marks), and English comprehension and précis writing (20 marks). Total marks would be 50 and time allotted for completion 60 minutes.
Interview – Interview will be of 100 marks.
Center for Examination-33 center across country, kindly check notifications to know the name of 33 center.
NOTE 1: While filling in the online application form, the applicant should carefully decide about his/her choice of examination centre.
NOTE 2: Examination centre, once opted, will NOT be changed under any circumstances. Candidates could be accommodated at nearby centres in case of over subscription at a particular centre. However, efforts will be made to accommodate them in nearby centres.
NOTE 3: Applications received from a candidate for more than one Examination Centre would be rejected.
Conclusion- This is an excellent opportunity for aspirants who are interested in Intelligence Bureau job, and want to serve country in the capacity of IB ACIO, please remember Notification opening day would be 12.08.2017 and last date of submission would be 02.09.2017 and go through the rest of the requirement carefully through notification for IB ACIO Recruitment 2017.